Monday, January 18, 2010

Take one flower hairclip.....

....and rip it apart!!! I am beginning to think I am a little nasty to my scrap bits and pieces sometimes. Anywhoo this is what I did, in fact, do. I had these beautiful photos of my daughter taken when she did an arty photo shoot. And I really wanted a kind of whimsical feel to the page....then I saw this icy blue organza flower hairclip in my hair stash (yes I have all sorts of stashes LOL) and thought....hmmmm...I have this gorgeous piece of Imaginisce paper that I haven't had the heart to use yet (too pretty to cut) and this hairclip is fabulous.... anyway..I based the layout on sketch 39 on Inspired Blueprints January sketch challenges...here is the result.




The flower detail can be a little hard to see so here is a different view:


The dragonfly is an iron on patch that I stuck onto black card then cut around - I did this to give it a little more stiffness to make the wings more 3-D. The flourish is a twiddleybitz border flourish that I inked and embossed with a pyschedelic sparkle powder. The scallop border was cut using a sizzix scallop border die out of coredinations black magic cauldron cardstock (black on the outside blue hidden inside until you distress it). The title is a combination of Adorn It lettering, and quickutz dies - Central Park and Uptown Girl.

Close up of flourish detail:



AND, of course, the omnipresent card made out of the leftovers:



The edge of the card was cut using a Martha Stewart border punch. The flourish is a quickutz flourish border die and the ostrich fibre peeking out from under the imaginisce paper was EXTREMELY fiddley and frustrating to glue in there !!!!

Thank you all so much for the lovin' and congrats on my Angel Design Team spot. *mwah*

Hugs Cx

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Corrina, love what you did with that clip .. you've given it a really dreamy look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOW! The results are stunning Corrina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Corrina. LOVE this to bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout looks amazing Corrina! Love the card as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - it helps make my blog feel that little bit more like home :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails