Friday, June 18, 2010

Sisters

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a little while since I have blogged but sometimes real life just gets so busy (and a little crappy) and blogging got put on hold.

First a share...here is my latest My2Angels DT layout (soz Tracy, finally got to put it up today!!)...it's called Sisters..

This layout is one of my two girls together at our local park. I took these pictures on Mother's Day afternoon this year, after I got a bee in my bonnet about having some fun shots of my girls together before they are both stinky grunting teenagers who won't look at the camera. They were still in their nice clothes from lunch but still ran around like idiots in the autumn leaves. I captured this one shot.
For this layout I have used Websters Lifes Portrait Pure Grace and Prima Flights of fancy - Ladybug papers. I fancy cut the very edge, butterfly and part of the scroll work from the Websters paper, being careful to keep it all in one piece. I coated this with rock candy to give it a crackly look and to give this a little bit more stability, and added just a touch of kindy glitz to the butterfly. I added peach and brown gardenias between the frame and the scroll work as they reminded me of the leaves in the background of the picture, and I randomly placed some loose rhinestones around the embellishments. (and yes, the leaves used to be white too until I attacked them with glimmermist..)
I lightly sanded the 'together' word charm to make the word really pop and adhered it to a white my2angels scalloped frame. I then sprayed the charm and frame with black magic glimmermist. I was really pleased with how easily the felt gobbled up the spray (not repellent at all), and the spray clung to the charm for a gorgeous effect. The frame and photo are mounted on the leftover Websters paper, and I used the entire piece of Prima paper as the background. I punched a circle centre out using a circle punch for the diamonte round ribbon slide. (I was very happy to find I had a punch the perfect size!!) and used the buckle as a frame for part of the title.
title: Carolee's Creations Adorn It tiny letter stickers, die cut title.
products: Tim Holtz rock candy, black magic glimmer mist, black ink, pink ink, kindy glitz

And now a little personal note... this week we farewelled our constant companion of 15 years - our gorgeous labrador Jack. Our Jack suffered major neurological damage after having a stroke, and we had to make the tough choice to end his suffering. Thank you to our lovely friends who have given us love and support during this time.
Sleep long and sleep well old boy. xxxx

Take care, C x

5 comments:

  1. This layout is beautiful! The frame looks stunning. Sorry things have not been great for you, and so sorry to hear about Jack. Must be heartbreaking for you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear about Jack :( It's so hard to make that choice, but at least he isnt suffering anymore.

    Love your layout, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your week has been so crapola Corrina. It's so hard to see them go but sadder to see them suffer. Jack is now at peace. (((Hugs))) to you and yours.

    Love this layout and thank you for sharing so many techniques and details. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The LO is gorgeous Corrina and so was Jack! My boys are going to miss him too! Big (((Hugs)))to you all x x x ps love your new template - these new designs are really great! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout of your stunning girls Corrina! :)
    So sorry to hear about Jack. Hugs to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - it helps make my blog feel that little bit more like home :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails